Preparing you for success in your future professional career
Mulberry UTC provides a professional learning environment where young people develop the skills they need to succeed at university and in the workplace. We offer a combination of outstanding classroom teaching, an excellent student experience and a character-building enrichment programme. This ensures students leave us well-prepared to embark on their next steps as highly-skilled, well-qualified, confident, successful and motivated young adults.
The curriculum at Mulberry UTC has been specifically designed to reflect the ambitions and interests of local young people. This includes a combination of academic, technical and vocational qualifications, ensuring all young people have options that are appropriate for them. Whether your ambition is to go to university, find an apprenticeship, enter training or start your own business, we have the right courses and qualifications for you.
- Well-qualified, experienced, specialist classroom teachers who provide inspiring lessons that challenge students to achieve excellence in their qualifications.
- Outstanding facilities including two theatres, Film and TV Studio, science labs, care suite and hospital ward.
- An extensive partnership network committed to supporting our students.
- A community of hard-working, focused, like-minded students who are always willing to help and support each other.
- An unwavering belief in each of our students and a commitment to giving them the support they need to achieve excellence during their time with us.
- We are committed to ensuring all our students to achieve their very best academically, socially and personally at this important stage of their lives.
If you would like to apply to Mulberry UTC Sixth Form, please visit our ‘Apply to Year 12’ page or contact email@example.com for more information.
Financial Support for Sixth Form students at Mulberry UTC
Mulberry UTC have several bursaries on offer which students can apply for:
16-19 study bursary
Vulnerable student bursary
These bursaries will be awarded to a a Young Person in Care; a Care Leaver; a young person in personal receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit; a disabled young person in personal receipt of Employment and Support Allowance who is also in receipt of universal credit.
Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria listed above may be eligible for one-off financial support from the emergency financial hardship fund. Students must write a letter that they are applying for this and state the reason why they are applying for the emergency fund and submitted to the Head of Year. Applications can be made at any point during the academic year and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
There are 10 scholarships available to Sixth Form students at Mulberry UTC. Please see the separate poster on the website for more information. For further enquiries about the application deadline please contact your Head of Year.
Sixth Form Destinations
We are proud of the outstanding destinations secured by our students. These include:
- Early years education
- Accounting and finance
- Acting and performance
- Audio production
- Biomedical science
- Business management
- Community and youth work studies
- Computer science
- Digital film production
- English with creative writing
- Fashion business management
- Technical theatre
- Games design and development
- International relations
- Paramedic science
- Pharmaceutical science
- Primary Education
- Professional Policing
- Public Health
- Social work
Please also find information about 2021/2022 destinations in the Mulberry Schools Trust ‘Going Places’ brochure here.
Join the Sixth Form at Mulberry UTC
Each of our students is given extensive support including the post-16 bursary, Sixth Form scholarships, tutoring, mentoring and coaching. We also provided students with a full programme of events, trips, workshops and taster sessions, as well as mentoring and support delivered by teaching staff, professional organisations and businesses, university partners and our alumni.
In the Sixth Form at Mulberry UTC, you will:
- Achieve top grades in your qualifications
- Have access to excellent teaching and pastoral care
- Start to develop your professional network
- Lead on a community initiative
- Develop job specific skills
- Secure career-relevant work experience
- Join university lectures and seminars
- Use your voice for positive change
- Have opportunities for quality enrichment
What you can expect:
- Post-16 Bursary
- Sixth Form Scholarships
- Participation in Model UN
- Employability workshops
- Networking events
- Internship opportunities
- Debating competitions
- University application support
- Summer school opportunities
Our industry partners:
Well done to all of the @MulberryUTC students who received achievement awards today! Your hard work and determination this term have not gone unnoticed 👏